Student travel grants
Call for Applications
We are very pleased to announce that IEEE CogSIMA 2012 provides 2 Student Travel Grants (STG) each $500 to broaden the participation of student authors. This fund is sponsored by IEEE ComSoc for students worldwide to attend IEEE CogSIMA 2012 in New Orleans, LA.
Starting December 15, 2011 IEEE CogSIMA 2012 accepts applications for STG.
Eligibility of STG
- The applicant may be of any nationality and must be an author (co-author) of an accepted paper;
- The applicant must be full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering or related field in a college or university when submitting the application.
- The Applicant must be a Student Member of the IEEE Communications Society when submitting the application.
- The applicant must not have received an IEEE ComSoc STG in the last 12-month period when submitting the application, and must not received any other grants for attending the conference.
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student must show the proof of having registered to attend the conference.
A student who is awarded a STG must register, attend the conference, and present the paper. Payment will only be made to the student as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive the STG award.
How to apply
- The application should be submitted electronically via EDAS http://edas.info/. After logging into EDAS, click the “Travel Grant” tab at your EDAS home page, and then select “Student Travel Grant for IEEE CogSIMA 2012”. The application must include the following materials.
- A reference letter from your advisor (your advisor can directly submit the reference letter on EDAS).
- Your up-to-date resume including your citizenship (required), and ethnicity and gender (optional, used to broaden the participation of under-represented students).
January 10, 2012 (23:59 New York Time)
January 17, 2012
Please address any question to Deidre Zeigler at firstname.lastname@example.org with mandatory title: " IEEE CogSIMA 2012 STG Question: Your Last Name".